Categories
India

14-Year-Old Dies After Getting Electrocuted During Football Game

Mumbai: A teenaged boy was electrocuted to death while playing in his society compound in suburban Andheri, a senior police official said today.

The incident took place on Monday evening when Aman Kamra (14), was playing football with two of his friends on the society ground at Marol in Andheri, an official attached to MIDC police station said.

 According to the statement given by his friends, the victim was playing bare-footed as the ground was wet. During the course of the game Aman slipped while picking up the ball and his hand came in contact with an iron fencing erected at the ground for safety, the official said.

When the boy started screaming, his friends realised that Aman had received electric shock and separated his hand from the fence with the help of a bamboo stick, the official said.

Hearing the commotion, the security guard and society members arrived at the spot. The boy was rushed to hospital where he was declared dead on arrival, the official said.

“We have written to the electrical department asking them to verify if all the electric connections in the society are proper and safety measures have been followed,” said MIDC police station sub-inspector Manoj Bakaygar.

As of now police have registered a case of accidental death and further investigation into the matter is underway, he added.

By Sirf News Network

Ref: ABOUT US

View Archive