Sushant Singh Rajput had not taken any medicine till the time his cook Ashok was employed at his home. While speaking to media on 1 August, Ashok said that he used to work at Rajput’s residence till September last year. He further said that he had given his statement to both Mumbai Police and Bihar Police.
“I was working as a cook in Sushant’s house and I am a chef. I worked for three-four years with him up till September 2019. Everything seemed fine till I was working there, neither did I see him taking any medicine during that time. I don’t know what happened afterwards,” Ashok said. He said that Sushant was in touch with his family.
“Sushant was in touch with his family till the time I was working. Even, I spoke to his family members on some occasions when they used to call him. He was a strong man and how can he be depressed?” he said.
On being asked about the accusations and FIR against actor Rhea Chakraborty regarding Sushant’s death, Ashok said, “The accusations levied against Rhea seem incorrect as I did not witness any such thing during my time at Rajput’s house. Whatever is being reported, none of it happened while I was working there. I have given my statement to Mumbai and Bihar Police.” A team of Bihar Police is in Mumbai to probe the actor’s death.
Rajput’s father KK Singh had filed an FIR against Chakraborty in Bihar in connection with the death case under several sections including abetment of suicide.
The Enforcement Directorate (ED) on Friday had registered an Enforcement Case Information Report (ECIR) in Rajput’s death case. ED registered the report after an FIR was filed by his father against Chakraborty.
Mumbai Police claims to have recorded the statements of 41 people, including filmmaker Mahesh Bhatt, film critic Rajeev Masand, director-producer Sanjay Leela Bhansali, and filmmaker Aditya Chopra in connection with their investigation so far.
Yesterday, Sushant’s sister Shweta Singh Kirti wrote a note, urging Prime Minister Narendra Modi to look into the case. Seeking justice for her late brother, Shweta has been sharing a lot of updates on her social media handles.
Rhea ‘hides’ as case of Sushant lingers
Rhea Chakraborty must join the investigation into the death of Sushant Singh Rajput being conducted by Patna Police in Mumbai if she has nothing to hide, Bihar’s top police official has said.
A four-member team of the Patna Police is in Mumbai to probe Rajput’s death after the actor’s father lodged a complaint under various sections of the Indian Penal Code (IPC), including those pertaining to abetment of suicide, cheating and fraud, against Chakraborty and six others.
The team reached Mumbai on 27 July and began its probe.
Gupteshwar Pandey, Bihar’s director general of police, said in an interview to a Hindi television news channel on Saturday that Chakraborty must have the courage to face any investigator.
“She was the one who called for a CBI probe… I don’t know why she wants the Mumbai Police or the Bihar police to investigate the case. If she is innocent, she should come forward and should say it openly that any agency can probe the case,” Pandey said.
“She should say I am here and anyone can ask any question and probe whatever they want to. Why play a game of hide and seek?” he asked.
Pandey said they are not accusing anyone and the probe into Rajput’s death shouldn’t be turned into a Maharashtra versus Bihar battle amid reports that the police team from Patna is not being helped by the force in Mumbai.
“I am saying a simple thing that one should look at the sentiments of the country’s people. People say that he was a vibrant, enthusiastic and successful young man. They feel there is some kind of mystery if a man who had money and fame hangs himself,” he said.
Pandey had said earlier Bihar Police was capable enough to investigate the matter and it was for the family of the actor to demand a CBI probe. “We do not and should not demand CBI enquiry. Bihar Police is capable of doing the investigation in the case. A senior IPS officer would be sent to Mumbai for assisting the four-member team,” he said.
Chakraborty has moved the Supreme Court, seeking the transfer of the FIR filed in Patna to Mumbai. The top court will hear her plea on 5 August. Both Bihar and Maharashtra governments have already filed caveats in the Supreme Court that they should be heard before any order is passed on Chakraborty’s plea.